Título: Beginning - Make the winning move
Autores: Peter Shotwell and Susan Long
Go is not just one of the world's oldest games, but also one its most stimulating, intriguing, and challenging. While Go has only two basic rules and can be learned in minutes, it requires logic, strategy, and concentration to truly master the game.
BEGINNING GO provides a clear but thorough introduction that is perfect for first time players. Easy to follow instructions and detailed examples make it simple to understand how to play. You'll also be shown how to keep score, as well as simple but effective strategies and tactis that make the game more competitive and fun.
By the time you've finished the instructional sections, you'll have all the confidence, skill, and strategy playing this fascinating game. What's more, Go's unique handicapping systen, which the book explains, allows even absolute beginners to play competitive games with more experienced players.
Peter Shotwell is an internationally known expert on the relationship of Go to Eastern and Western philosophy, literature, and history. He has been writing about Go for over twenty years and has lived in China, Tibet, and Japan while researching the origins and background of the game. He is also the author of "Go!More Than A Game and Go Basies".
Susan Long is a learning epecial who has held prestigious faculty positions in Boston and New York City private schools and universities. For many years, she has used Go in curriculum development and to work with students of all ages.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Whats is Go?
- About Beginning Go
- Chapter 1: The Art of Capturing
- Chapter 2: The Art of Living
- Chapter 3: Who Has Played the Most LivingStones?
- Chapter 4: A "Simple" Game
- Chapter 5: Some Mysteries of Go: Seki, Ko, and the Second Rule of Go
- Chapter 6: Hnadicaps, Ranks, and Styles of Play
- Chapter 7: Counting with Sente and Gote
- Chapter 8: An Even Game
- Chapter 9: A Big Ko
- Chapter 10: Elementary Handicap and Even Play on Large Boards
- Chapter 11: Strategies on Bigger Boards
Chapter 12: Where to Go for More Go
-Three Boards to Play On
- About the Authors
# Na aquisição deste livro o cliente recebe como brinde um Tabuleiro de Go em Courvin no valor de R$ 12,00
* O Cliente poderá adquirir este livro também em nossa Loja/Oficina de Marchetaria-Marcenaria, local onde confeccionamos os tabuleiros e acessórios de Go. Basta "agendar um horário".
Rua Tucuna, 96 - Vila Pompéia/Perdizes - São Paulo (sp) - F. (0xx11) 9928-2496 / 3673-1029